Monday, February 4, 2008

Overheard Airport Conversations

Certain things just don't need to be discussed out loud. In my current job, I am required to do a bit of traveling and am often stuck in airports. I've learned many things thru simple observations, and listening about the human species.

First of all, I think the most disturbing thing I overheard happened today when I was going thru the security check. It was about 6:45 AM and I had walked past the metal detector. As I go to collect my belongings, and put on my shoes & belt my ears get bombarded with some of the nastiest filth I've ever heard. Such words should never be uttered aloud. One overweight woman working for the TSA looks over to her co-worker and says "Yeah, I've gotten my colon cleansed". To which the classy co-worker responds "For real girl? I do mine on my own. I learned how on the Inta-net". "Yeah, I heard doin that is good fo ya weight. Girl, my doctor says I'm ova-weight" the first one responds. Being the good friend she is, the other woman responds "Oh you can't go by your doctor. According to their scales everyone's overweight. You know my friend is a tiny lil thang, and the doctor told her she's overweight too." This was about as much as I could take. Luckily by this time I had my belt and shoes on and was able to move on....or so I thought. The two women then turned and walked away, and althought there was a conveter belt seperating us I felt myself move towards their direction. I soon realized that when these two women turned around their asses had a combined mass that would match the size of our moon, and had thus created a gravitational force that physically moved me. Luckily, the conveter belt was there, and I was able to break away.

No comments: