Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Married + kids = Stable Career Guy

We live in an increasingly complex world where the one thing that people look for is stability. This is true especially for employers. They wanna make sure the person they hired isn't gonna show up to work drunk, and grab the receptionist's ass on his way to the coffee machine. So they look at one's history, and do a background check, and go through all these hoops and hurdles to make sure the person is "stable". However, I find more and more that in the business world nothing yells out stability like a marriage with children. If your married, and have children it some how means that you are a stand-up guy, and you are grounded and have an even keel.

Ironically, I think this is a fucking joke! Some of the biggest degenerates I know are married with kids. Albeit, they are in positions of management when it comes to their careers, however if you ask them they will also admit that for some reason a marriage shows stability. This absolutely cracks me up, because these are the same jerks that are cock-blocking my unmarried ass from the cute blonde at the end of the bar during happy hour. I just don't get it. In today's day and age, I don't understand how employers still associate marriages with stability.

I mean if I ever owned a company and I saw someone with a marriage, just knowing some of the married people I know I'd see it is a liability. I'd think to myself "how long can this cock-sucker get away with this before the wife leaves with half, and he asks me for a raise so he can afford the child support?" I know its just me. Maybe I'm crazy for thinking that someone who takes their time and gets married later in life, but isn't at risk of messing it up because their happier with their marriage is more stable than the newly married 28 yr old whose got the libido of Ron Jeremy.

Don't get me wrong, this doesn't apply to everybody. Just 95% of the married management workforce. Oh well, you live and you learn I guess. I mean if you think about it really the married people that do fuck around probably wouldn't be so "stable" if they didn't.

No comments: