Sunday, June 3, 2007

Life Lesson: Lauging with the Sinners

I've decided that as I go thru life I'll take time occasionally to share the small things that I learn. I figured I'll call these things Life Lessons, and I hope there are many more to come.

I've realized that in life, it is easier to laugh with the sinners than to cry with the saints. As we tread thru the waters of life, we often realize that laughter makes our lives more fulfilling. However, we rarely want to take time to cry with the saints. Laughter usually means we are in good company having a good time.

However, crying may not suggest so. In my opinion, crying is much more important than laughter. While laughter may give our lives fulfillment, it is crying that gives our lives meaning. Crying makes you realize that you've lost something you don't want to live without. It may mean your in a situation where you are so overwhelmed with joy that the only appropriate response has to be weeping. Crying, is very important. Without it, we'd never know what we stand for, what we care for, and what we live for.

Enjoy life, laugh with the sinners, but please be sure to cry with the saints.

No comments: